Charitable trusts, foundations and other grant givers
We are funded entirely by voluntary donations and grants.
Charitable trusts, foundations and other grant givers fund a quarter of our work, supporting thousands of people living with cancer.
If you are a trustee or have links to charitable trusts, foundations or other voluntary funding bodies, please get in touch.
Sustaining our programme of cancer support
Charitable trusts generously help us to deliver all aspects of our psychological, practical and social cancer support across the UK. Grants received include funding for:
- our professional staff – such as Cancer Support Specialists, Clinical Psychologists and Benefits Advisors
- the costs of our courses, such as ‘Where now?’ for people who have finished treatment
- peer support and networking groups, which meet regularly to give people an opportunity to chat to others with similar experiences
- relaxation, gentle exercise or yoga sessions to help people manage stress and anxiety
Building new centres
Our long-term aim is to have a Maggie's at every major cancer hospital in the UK.
Charitable trusts are key to making our ambition a reality and have give us significant funding to help us build new centres. Examples include:
- funding a particular room in a new centre, such as the kitchen
- grants to cover the costs of fixtures and fittings
- donations to our campaigns generally
The Summerfield Trust provided a grant worth £100,000 to pay for one of the rooms in Maggie’s Cheltenham.
The Summerfield Trust has always supported innovative projects in Gloucestershire. We are thrilled to support Maggie’s which will be a huge help to people living with cancer in the county.
If you would like to find out more about Maggie’s, please contact our team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to you...
in financial benefits claimed with our support
of people feel less alone after visiting a centre
feel more confident talking to their medical teams