Did you know that setting up an online sponsorship page with JustGiving is the quickest and easiest way to collect sponsorship?
Send your friends, family and colleagues your page link so they can sponsor you anywhere, at any time.
Create your JustGiving page
If you haven’t already, create your JustGiving page so that:
- people can donate securely, quickly and easily with a credit or debit card
- the money you raise goes directly to Maggie’s
- your sponsors can leave you a message of support if they want to
- you can set up a JustTextGiving code for people to donate to you from their mobile via text
Make the most of your online sponsorship page
- Make it personal – the best sponsorship pages tell a really good story. Let people know why you’re raising money and they’re much more likely to take the time to donate.
- Add photos and video – add a personal photo to make your page more engaging. You could also add your own Flickr photos and YouTube video which give you lots of scope to be funny, imaginative and compelling and gives your supporters a good reason to forward your page on to their friends.
- Get those initial donations – before you email your entire address book, ask your closest friends and family to donate first. Having a couple of donations on the page should encourage other sponsors to give too. People tend to match the amounts already listed on the page, so if they’re generous ones, all the better!
- Tell everyone about your page – share your page on Facebook with the JustGiving Facebook app, on your blogs and websites with the JustGiving widget and remember to ask your company if they’ll link to your page from their website or intranet. You should also add your page URL to your email signature so every email you send encourages donations.
- Gift Aid – make sure you remind your sponsors to Gift Aid their online donations. This means we can collect an extra 25% on the donation at no extra cost to you or your sponsor.
New to JustGiving?
Watch this video from JustGiving to learn how it works.
Make sure you remind your sponsors to Gift Aid their online donations. This means we can collect an extra 25% on the donation at no extra cost to you or your sponsor.
Offline sponsorship forms
If you collect money offline then be sure to use a sponsorship form to make collecting your sponsorship as easy as possible.
Fiona's story – telling my story at Culture Crawl
Martin's story – Culture Crawl helped us say thanksRead story
Graeme's story – why I cycled 1,180 miles for Maggie’sRead story
How your money helps
means someone with cancer can spend an hour with a Benefits Advisor to help them get financial support
covers the cost of a ‘Getting Started’ session, helping someone with cancer learn to manage their diagnosis and treatment
means a family can get ongoing support from a Psychologist, helping them after losing someone with cancer